Happy Chocolate Chip Day! Here Are 3 Tasty Recipes To Make
Did you know today is National Chocolate Chip Day? It’s not surprising that the micro chocolate treat has its own day as they make everything better – from oatmeal to cookies, pancakes to ice cream!
Our favourite way to enjoy this treat is by the handful out of the bag but we know everyone has different tastes so to celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day, we’ve rounded-up 3 easy and tasty recipes you can make.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the vanilla and eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- (If time permits) wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. This allows the dough to ‘marinate’ and makes the cookies thicker, chewier, and more flavourful.
- Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon sized balls using a large cookie scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 2 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Lightly grease the paper liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs until combined. Add in the baking powder, salt and vanilla and mix briefly.
- Add in half of flour, mix with hand mixer until just combined, then add in the milk, stirring to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and add in the remaining flour until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and use a rubber spatula to gently fold them in.
- Divide the batter up amongst the 12 muffins. Preheat oven to 425F. Let the batter rest while the oven preheats.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing them and transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
No-Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and chocolate by hand. Don’t over mix, just enough to form a creamy batter.
- Place ice cream mixture in a container and freeze for at least 2 hours. Cover it with plastic wrap and freeze for about 6 hours.
Feature image credit: freepik/@lifeforstock