Simply The Best: A Tasty Menu For Mums This Mother’s Day
This Mother’s Day, give mum a lie-in, then treat her to this delicious brunch in bed.
Crunchy Granola with Mixed Berry Smoothie
For the granola:
- 55g jumbo rolled oats.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds.
- 55g mixed raw seeds and nuts.
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil.
- 2 tablespoon honey.
- 25g sultanas.
- To serve; greek yoghurt, honey, raspberries and strawberries, ½ a small banana, sliced and ¼ of a small apple, sliced.
For the smoothie:
- ½ a small banana.
- 3 strawberries, hulled.
- Small handful fresh blueberries.
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk.
- 2 tablespoon Greek yoghurt.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/fan 120°C/gas 1. In a bowl, mix the oats, seeds and nuts. Gently heat the oil and honey in a saucepan and pour over the oat mixture. Stir well, then spoon into a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool then scatter over the sultanas. Break up the mixture with the back of a spoon and tip into a serving bowl.
- For the smoothie, place the banana, strawberries and blueberries in a blender. Add the milk and yoghurt and whizz to a puree. Pour into a glass. Top the granola mixture with a dollop of yoghurt, raspberries, strawberries, apple and banana and a drizzle of the honey, and serve with the smoothie.
Rosti Cakes with Smoked Salmon
- 1 x large potato.
- 1 tablespoon plain flour.
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped.
- 1 egg, beaten.
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Small knob of butter.
- 55g fresh baby spinach.
- 3 tablespoon hollandaise sauce.
- 125g smoked salmon sliced.
- Peel and coarsely grate the potato, squeezing out as much moisture as possible. Place the potato in a bowl and stir in the flour, onions, 2 tablespoons beaten egg, salt, freshly ground black pepper and flat-leaf parsley. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and spoon the potato mixture into 2 piles in the pan.
- Flatten with a salmon slice and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until crisp and golden. Turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the butter to the hot frying pan and when foaming add the fresh spinach. Cook for 1 minutes until just wilted.
- Place one rosti cake onto a warm plate and top with the wilted spinach. Pour the hollandaise sauce into the warm frying pan and gently heat through. Arrange the salmon slices over the spinach, drizzle over the warm sauce, and top with the remaining rosti cake.
- 4 small new potatoes.
- 1 portobello mushroom.
- 1 sausage.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Pinch of salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1 large egg.
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into chunks and cook in lightly salted boiling water for 8 – 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Arrange the potatoes, mushroom and sausage on a small, lightly oiled baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Place in the middle of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and drizzle the honey over the sausage. Carefully break the egg onto the tray, add the cherry tomatoes and season with more black pepper. Bake for a further 6 minutes, or until the egg is just cooked.
- Remove the tray from the oven, scatter with freshly torn parsley and serve warm with toasted bread.
Finding the perfect gift for your mum is not an easy job - some mums love a bit of pampering, some dream of a bit of retail therapy, while others just want a nice meal with the family. With Mother's Day coming up on Sunday, 31st March, why not get her a gift that can do it all? With over 55,000 outlets to choose from, including all her favourites like TK Maxx, Debenhams, John Lewis, Primark and more, a One4all Mother's Day Gift Card is the ideal way to treat your mum to a gift she'll truly appreciate. With everything from food to fashion, homeware to beauty to choose from, mum will be absolutely spoilt for choice. Put a smile on her face this Mother's Day with a One4all Gift Card. Buy now >